PROCLAIM–The professional community for publicly identified LGBTQIA+ Lutheran rostered leaders and those preparing for rostered ministry.
Proclaim is a program of Extraordinary Lutheran Ministries (ELM).
Who are members of Proclaim?
People who publicly identify as LGBTQIA+ (lesbian, gay, bi, trans, queer, intersex, asexual, +) and who are:
- Rostered Lutheran clergy and rostered lay leaders (ELCA, ELM, ELCIC, LCMS, WELS, etc)
- Rostered Lutheran leaders on leave from call
- Retired previously rostered Lutheran pastors or rostered lay leaders
- Seminarians who have completed “entrance” in candidacy
- Approved candidates awaiting call
Benefits of Proclaim Membership?
- Professional development and support
- Participation in the annual Proclaim Gathering
- Eligibility to apply for Joel Workin seminarian scholarship
- Proclaim chaplains and colleague support
We invite Proclaim members to support the full scope of ELM’s ministry through an annual contribution. We suggest $100 for those in a call and $25 for seminarians or those without call. Contributions are welcome anytime throughout the year. Proclaim does a member giving drive in the fall of each year.
Proclaim, a program of Extraordinary Lutheran Ministries, is a professional community. It is not a rostering or credentialing body. Credentials for ministry are determined by each Proclaim member’s own rostering body or seminary. In the case of people retired from their denomination’s roster, please see that denomination’s guidelines regarding retired roster members. Membership in Proclaim does not indicate any qualifications for ministry beyond each member’s own denomination.