Associate Director of Development and Communications
The Associate Director of Development and Communications organizes and supports the fundraising efforts of Extraordinary Lutheran Ministries and coordinates internal and external communications in partnership with the ELM staff.
ELM expects that all its staff members will…
- Cultivate an organizational culture rooted in faith, grounded in radical love and hospitality, clear with purpose, dependent on collaboration, and transparent in motives.
- Speak to the intersectionality of injustice and oppression, calling ourselves, our community and the larger church to greater awareness of injustice and commitment to ending oppression.
- Collaborate with Executive Director & Fund Development Committee to set and meet annual and strategic fundraising goals
- Execute annual fundraising appeals
- Participate in Board of Directors and team meetings
- Travel to congregations, ministry sites, and ministry partners as outreach for ELM and/or represent ELM with movement and church partners as needed
- Coordinate ELM publications including weekly blog, quarterly newsletter, and annual report
- Monitor ELM social media accounts and generate content
- Oversee and periodically review ELM promotional materials
- Maintain and update ELM website
- Creatively guide ELM’s communication strategy, imagery, and brand
- Experience working in Development and Communications
- Anti-oppression training and/or deep cross-cultural experience preferred
Personal Skills and Attributes
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Entrepreneurial and adaptive, including a willingness to learn
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Comfortable with communication and productivity technology, such as video-conferencing and Google Docs
- Thorough understanding of issues facing LGBTQIA+ persons, especially those issues faced by trans and gender non-conforming/non-binary people, and queer people of color
- Finds joy in daily life and work, sense of humor
- Passionate about justice and full inclusion for gender and sexual minorities
- Must be legally able to work in the U.S.
Education and Credentialing
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Training in development preferred.
- Both rostered leaders and lay leaders are encouraged to apply.
- Three-quarter time, 27-hours per week within regular business hours during work week
- Work remotely – a large part of this work is done independently
- Must work regular hours last week of each year to solicit and process year end donations.
Apply: To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is October 26, 2018
Compensation: Associate Director of Development and Communications’ base salary starting at $32,000. Full benefits. Professional association memberships paid for by employer.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
ELM is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.